Monday, August 31, 2020

Hiking in the Alps

After a good night sleep and a rich breakfast, we took our gear and started on our first adventure, hiking. Let me tell you that I never went hiking before, hence we choose an easy trail for beginners, so I thought.

Fully motivated we went up and up and the hiking got steeper and higher and soon I found myself out of breath. Dear God, what was I thinking, if this is an easy trail for beginners, what would be like a medium one, Am I so unfit?

After too many breaks and pauses my hiking partner pushed and motivated me all the way up to the top. Even I was laughing about myself but at this point in time it wasn't funny.

By the time we reached the top we found out that we were hiking a moderately difficult trail. Something went wrong or we incorrectly read the map. We hiked from Ettal, so from the valley to the summit the altitude difference was roughly 850 meters. It was not a hiking trail for dummies.

The view however from the summit made up for all the sweat and pain. We thoroughly enjoyed lunch together and after recharging our batteries, we made our way down, this time we took the cable car. The ride took approximately 10 minutes and again we soaked in the view and could relax all the way down to Oberammagau.

No comments: