Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Landing a job at brands4friends

Well, it took me about 4 weeks from starting to look for a job till landing a job. I might say I'm impressed with myself considering the comments and feedback I've heard from people and how hard it is to get a job. Worst of all was the pressure I put on myself but that just me! I proved you all wrong.

Congratulations to myself on the new job after such a long time of absence.

Where exactly will I start working? I will start working on the 8th of October 2015 at brands4friends in the great capital city of Germany in Berlin. Its not Engineering or the Oil & Gas industry anymore, over here it's eCommerce. And yes, I'm back in Finance.

Did I mention that I only worked so far in this profession in Australia and I studied Finance only in English!?! So that might explain why I'm so nervous starting working in a German Finance Team in Germany not knowing all finance vocabulary even tough I try to be prepared - dear Lord, please let me not embarrass myself.

The good thing is however, the company I'm going to work for is an entity of eBay therefore there will be lots of opportunities to speak English as it was a requirement to get the job - no worries.

So here we go, the pressure is off, I can breath again....first comes the job, next will be an apartment and before I know it I will be shopping for brand new furniture etc. Lets just say, settling back into Germany is WIP - work in progress.

No comments: