Saturday, September 17, 2016

Going to Prague...

As for my birthday nothing special was planend apart from a lovely dinner at a Brazilian Restaurant. It was decided to go to Prague followed by going to Switzerland to visit my brother and nephew & niece. Just after crossing the border to the Czech Republic considering the heights it was all of the sudden so foggy, I could not see further than fifty meters afar. As fast as the fog came so fast it was also gone...and the weather turned clear and sunny to get to the destination, the Rohan Boat Prague hotel.




For the next couple of days lots of sightseeing was planned and so we booked a tour, by bus, on foot and on the boat all in one day. At the end of that day being exhausted describes my wellbeing only mildly. However it was just wonderful to do the tour, hearing about the history and how well looked after the old city is kept. I was really impressed of how clean everything looked, unlike Berlin....sorry.

Other than sightseeing, food was of course on the list to try out, traditional Czech food which I remember from my first trip to Prague 20 years ago. So I had to try "Knödel" again and I had those every day different ways. If you go to Prague or Czech Republic you just need to have those Knödel. To top it off a Thai Massage was on the list, which I spontaneously decided to walk in, considering how much walking was done the days before. 




To sum it up, it was a brilliant getaway marking the occasion, fantastic hotel inclusive people, service and food. Prague is so worthy to be visited, such a brilliant place.

No comments: