Monday, February 1, 2016

6 Day Berlin - Velodrom

When you get free V.I.P. tickets to go to see a race, who am I to say I'm not interested. I collected the tickets and after work I was on my way to the Velodrom an indoor track cycling arena that can hold up to 12,000 people.




Anyway, I wasn't sure what to expect as it was the first time attending an indoor cycling race but from the beginning I was pretty impressed with basically everything. It was not just the races and there were plenty of those with international participants, even an Australian made it to the 6 day race here in Berlin. I'm not sure how important this event is for cyclists but the arena was packed with spectators and fans.


Making my way to the inner part of the arena, the VIP section I enjoyed fancy drinks, food, great entertainment and watched the races from there. Later on I made my way to the stands and followed the different types of races and liked it even better from up there. Like I said before I enjoyed myself and would probably come back again as it was a fantastic night.



No comments: